星期日, 2月 27, 2005

I NEED TO BE IN LOVE -- The Carpenters

I NEED TO BE IN LOVE
Richard Carpenter & John Bettis & Albert Hammond

The hardest thing I've ever done is keep believing
There's someone in this crazy world for me
The way that people come and go through temporary lives
My chance could come and I might never know

I used to say "No promises, let's keep it simple"
But freedom only helps you say goodbye
It took a while for me to learn that nothing comes for free
The price I paid is high enough for me

* I know I need to be in love
I know I've wasted too much time
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find

+ So here I am with pockets full of good intentions
But none of them will comfort me tonight
I'm wide awake at 4 a.m. without a friend in sight
I'm hanging on a hope but I'm all right

repeat *
repeat +
repeat *
========================================================
這首木匠兄妹的『I NEED TO BE IN LOVE』是我最近很喜歡聽的一首歌,也是最近在一張木匠兄妹的精選集中知道這首歌的。初初被吸引是因為『I know I need to be in love』這一句歌詞,大概是妹妹那麼漂亮的聲音卻透露出一股濃濃的滄桑,因而讓我注意到這首歌。找了歌詞來看,確實有這樣的意味,雖然以愛情為主題,顯得老套,可是,其中隱含著回首前程往事的欷噓,卻很真實。

網路上尋找這首歌的資料時,有一個網頁提到,這首歌的作者之一John Bettis在1976年接受People雜誌採訪時表示這首歌:『 autobiographical for all three of us.』。而哥哥Richard Carpenter也在1990年的精選集『 Carpenters: The Compact Disc Collection』內頁提到:『Two songs stand out for me: I Need To Be In Love with its melancholy John Bettis lyric. This became Karen's favorite Carpenters song... 』。

5 則留言:

Home Site 提到...
網誌管理員已經移除這則留言。
Home Site 提到...

Jesus is God who came in the flesh and Died for you.

God love you


Read Bible John

France's Blog 提到...

Hi! Dan,

Thanks for your comment.
The lyrics I post is sung by The Carpenters, and it is one of my favorite songs.
The reason I love this song is not because I ever had similar experience. I think the reason is the desolation in it, and I'm moved by it.

匿名 提到...

真是首浪漫的歌,
自古美人如英雄,
不許人間見白頭,唉.

匿名 提到...
網誌管理員已經移除這則留言。